When you’re looking to buy a second hand car, you need to make sure that it drives the way you want it to. That is why it’s essential that you take it for a spin before you sign on the dotted line. Thinking this, what do you need to know to make the most out of your test drive?
At Acklam Car Centre, we’re the experts when it comes to used cars; in fact we’ve grown to become one of the largest used car sales companies in the North-East of England. We even sell abroad! And we’re growing all the time. That means we know what you are looking for in your used car.
That’s why we know a thing or two about test driving; we’ve seen it so many times we could practically write a book on the subject. If you want to make sure you get the most out of your test drive experience, check out these top tips to making the most of taking your potential used car out for a spin…
- Every Road Deserves its Turn: Take as long as you need and try the car on all types of road. There’s no point getting a car that only drives smooth on one type as it could damage your vehicle in the long term.
- Comfort: If you’re going to be using this car to drive long distances, even commute every day, you need to make sure that you’re comfortable. How easily can you get in and out? Can you adjust the seat for maximum relaxation? Can you see everything clearly etc.
- Space: How much space is there for you, your children and your stuff? Take the car out for a spin packed with all the things it’ll regularly fit so that you can see how its space potential holds up over long journeys.
- Let it be Smooth: How smooth is your journey? You can measure this by feeling how bumpy the ride is and it’s another reason why you need to make sure you spend a while in that driver’s seat.
- Every Day: Don’t do anything you wouldn’t otherwise do; drive as you would in your everyday life. Only this way can you measure how likely it is to hold up under the strain.
- Drain the Battery: Make sure you switch on everything electrical. This will allow you see how likely the car is to last on a long journey; will the battery go flat if you turn the radio on? If the answer is yes, then you’ve avoided a potential nightmare!
Hopefully those few tips from Acklam Car Centre will help you come to a decision on your next test drive.